Ellie has worked at Orchard since 2011, and before that at our sister surgery The Churchill Medical Centre since 2006.
Assistant Manager – Julia Wells
Julia is the longest serving member of staff, having worked at The Orchard Practice for over 25 years. Julia is able to help with a wide range of administrative queries and leads the wider administration team.
Reception Manager - Hayley Newton
Hayley has worked at the practice since 2014 and the is first point of contact for any queries relating to reception. She is currently working towards her diploma in practice management
Training & HR Manager - Joanna Hoppe
Our reception team are able to help with a wide range of queries and have a wide range of training to enable them to assist you. In order to ensure they are able to help you and direct you to the correct member of the practice or wider healthcare team they may ask for more information about your call.
The team deal with the following areas or work at the practice and are happy to help with any queries you may have:
- Making appointments, including signing up and demonstrating online appointments
- Issuing of prescriptions
- Giving out of test results
- Incoming correspondence, including paper and electronic post
- Chronic disease recall letters, emails or texts
- Answering queries from patients and all other outside agencies
- Contacting patients for review or information as directed by the clinical staff
- First point of contact for the practice
- The practice has two prescribing clerks who assist the GPs in issuing repeat medications.
- One member of the administration team specialises in patient registrations and deductions and will be happy to help if you have any queries in relation to this.
Secretarial Manager – Lesley Cunningham
Secretary - Janet
Our secretarial team deal with all referrals generated by the GPs and nurses at the practice. Routine referrals are prepared within 5 working days and urgent referrals within one working day.
The team also deals with incoming private work from insurance companies, as well as work from other outside agencies such as the DWP or DVLA.
The team are able to help with any queries relating to hospital appointments or any forms requiring completion by the GPs.